Making a Will is the best way of ensuring that you decide what happens to your property and possessions after your death.
It does not have to be expensive and it is something that everyone should do to avoid the unnecessary distress to family members and friends when someone dies. Our specialist team at Parry Carver prepare hundreds of Wills every year and pride ourselves in being your trusted adviser on dealing with such an important and personal matter.
Why is it important to make a Will?
- You decide how your property and possessions are divided and how much people receive
- If you do not make a Will then your spouse/partner may not inherit everything you may have to share with other relatives
- You can appoint guardians to take care of your children until they are 18
- Perhaps you are getting divorced or lost a loved on making a Will is important to put you in control of what would happen should you die
- You can make donations to charity
- You can save or substantially reduce Inheritance Tax
- You can put money in trust for children and grandchildren to make sure they don’t receive it too early
- You can make sensible provision for disabled beneficiaries
- Protect the inheritance of beneficiaries in either financial or relationship difficulties
- Make provisions for pets to be looked after
Parry Carver offer fixed prices for simple Will’s however, if you circumstances are more complex you may be advised to consider including a trust in your Will, which may require additional drafting and therefore cost. If this is the case then we will advise you at the outset of the costs of drafting such a Will, so you can decide what you want to do.
We participate in a Will writing schemes that benefit a well deserving charity County Air Ambulance.
If you would like more information on our charges or would like an initial free consultation to discuss your circumstances then please feel free to contact our office.