Wellington: 01952 641 291 | Newport: 01952 979 700 | Shifnal: 01952 460 777 hello@parrycarver.co.uk

Court of Protection and Deputyship

There may be certain circumstances where your spouse or relatives no longer have the mental capacity to make important decisions about their financial affairs.

If this does occur and no Power of Attorney has been granted then an application has to be made to the Court of Protection, which is part the Court system responsible for making decisions to appoint a Deputy to act to deal with that person’s finances and possibly personal welfare on their behalf.

The procedures in making a Court of Protection application are complicated and the associated paperwork has to be completed meticulously.  Our specialist team at Parry Carver can assist you in dealing with the Court of Protection application.  We will guide you through the whole process, which includes, the application on your behalf or the Partners can act as professional Deputies where independency is required.  We can also assist existing Deputies make applications to the Court of Protection to make statutory Wills, property transactions or gifts.

If you require further information or need an appointment to discuss this further, then please feel free to contact our offices.

Toni Laycock
Wellington Branch

Contact Parry Carver

Please leave this field empty.